The Canadian Pony Club provides a comprehensive set of insurance and risk management documents.
This page contains information specific to the BCLM Risk Management committee.
With the lifting of many provincial restrictions around COVID-19, BCLM Pony Clubs have replaced the previous Safety Plan with the following recommendations:
- Daily symptom checks of all participants
- List of participants for contact tracing.
- Hand washing stations.
- Masks recommended for individuals not fully vaccinated, especially if indoors or unable to maintain social distancing (except on field of play).
- Social distancing where practicable.
- No limits on spectators (below 5000 people)
- No travel restrictions.
Equestrian Canada has set new rules for the use of protective vests in Canada whenever riders are on a cross-country course.
Read the full guideline
We've added some guidelines around creating a Safety Plan binder for each event. Please have a read through the Safety Plan Guidance document.
The binder will contain a Table of Contents based on this Safety Manual Table of Contents and a list of key contacts based on this Key Contacts Page.