Mar 15, 2020
This year we are scheduled to have members travelling to the UK and Australia for the IMGE, Tetrathlon and Quiz Exchanges. Due to the constantly changing status of the COVID-19 situation worldwide, we will be deferring the decision on the booking of tickets until later in the Spring. At this point, all Exchanges are slated to go ahead as planned. However, the Management Committee will be working in communication with the Pony Club International Alliance community and keeping a close eye on the situation here and abroad, as well as the relevant health and government recommendations on travel and containment.
National Championships are scheduled to start at the end of June with Show Jumping and continue into October with National Quiz. At this point, the Management Committee is recommending that if you are planning to travel to one of them:
The health authorities for each province are issuing guidelines based on the current circumstances in their provinces and the availability of information on rate and risk of infection. CPC encourages its members to review these provincial releases as part of their personal education effort surrounding this virus, and to respond appropriately when considering the activities they have planned.
As the situation continues to develop, CPC will update its statements and recommendations to provide the safest possible environment and practices for its members and volunteers. We thank you for your understanding and diligence in taking steps to limit the spread of the virus and protect yourselves and our members, and we rely on your acceptance and compliance with the measures set forth to assure the quickest possible return to regular operations.
Management Committee, Canadian Pony Club